Annual Butterfly Festival at Tommy Thompson Park
Saturday, August 22, 2020
Late August is the prime time to get a glimpse of the Monarch Butterfly before they start their annual migration to Mexico, where they spend the winter. This incredible 3,500 km migration takes place between August and November and begins with the gathering of the Monarchs at places like Tommy Thompson Park, Toronto’s Urban Wilderness.
On Saturday, August 24, 2019 the annual Tommy Thompson Park Butterfly Festival will celebrate this incredible migration by welcoming children, families and nature lovers to learn more about butterfly conservation and biodiversity. Through the many activities, nature hikes and educational displays at this year’s FREE event, visitors can discover the more than 55 species of butterflies and moths recorded to date at the park.
*Kids! Dress to Impress*
Come dressed in bright colours like your favourite butterfly!
Please visit the activities page for more detail and note that some activities require registration. Activities and schedule is subject to change. Please confirm your registration before attending the festival.
Where is TTP?
Tommy Thompson Park is located at 1 Leslie Street, Toronto (at the foot of Leslie St, south of Lake Shore Blvd E).
FREE parking is available on Unwin Avenue or Leslie Street, and in the TTP Parking Lot. Parking is limited.
Getting to TTP via TTC
- From Donlands Subway Station: Take the 83 Jones S. bus south from Donlands station to Commissioners St. It is a short walk south of the stop to the park.
- From Downtown: Take the 501 Streetcar along Queen St. to Leslie St. Catch the 83 Jones S. Bus to Commissioners St. and walk south to the park entrance.
Other Things You Should Know
- Please note that pets and unauthorized vehicles are not permitted in the park.
- There is no running water available at Tommy Thompson Park. Please pack extra water for your visit.
- A hotdog vendor will be selling food on Leslie St. at Unwin Ave. Please know that this is the only opportunity to purchase food at the festival.
- TTP Bike Tour has been cancelled.
Please contact us for more information about the festival.
Send us an email at email@example.com
Leave us a message at (416) 661-6600 ext. 5972
For opportunities to participate in the Tommy Thompson Park Butterfly Festival as a vendor, as a volunteer or as an organization with a display, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 661-6600 ext. 5972